Lower running costs
- Ideally suited for use with heat pumps
- Heat is distributed more evenly across the room
- Creates more space because walls are kept clear of heating appliances
- Low maintenance once installed
- Room temperatures can be individually controlled
- Silent running
- Adds value to the property
Underfloor heating is suitable for use under most types of floor covering providing the manufacturer’s maximum temperature limits are observed.
Suitable floor materials include:
- Carpet – tog value should not exceed 2.5 for the underlay and carpet
- Stone and Ceramic tiles
- Timber flooring
- Laminate flooring
Other factors to consider are whether the floor underneath the system is well insulated and that the floor finish above the system is suitable to allow the heat to pass efficiently through the tile.
- Timber suspended